This practical coursebook introduces all the basics of semantics in a simple, step-by-step fashion. Each unit includes short sections of explanation with examples, followed by stimulating practice exercises to complete in the book. Feedback and comment sections follow each exercise to enable students to monitor their progress. No previous background in semantics is assumed, as students begin by discovering the value and fascination of the subject and then move through all key topics in the field, including sense and reference,…
- Add bookmark
- A unique approach to introducing the topic with short explanatory sections followed by stimulating practice exercises to be completed on the page
- Feedback and comment sections in the text allow students to monitor understanding of material whilst new end-of-unit exercises allow instructors to test and reinforce learning
- Thoroughly revised, expanded and updated to fit with modern teaching of the subject
About the book
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1017/CBO9780511841668
- Subjects English Language and Linguistics: General Interest,Language and Linguistics,Semantics and Pragmatics
- Format: Paperback
- Publication date: 21 May 2007
- ISBN: 9780521671873
- Dimensions (mm): 247 x 174 mm
- Weight: 0.73kg
- Contains: 13 b/w illus. 780 exercises
- Page extent: 361 pages
- Availability: Available
- Format: Digital
- Publication date: 05 June 2012
- ISBN: 9780511841668
Review the options below to login to check your access.
Log in with your Cambridge Higher Education account to check access.
There are no purchase options available for this title.
Have an access code?
To redeem an access code, please log in with your personal login.
If you believe you should have access to this content, please contact your institutional librarian or consult our FAQ page for further information about accessing our content.