The Hong Kong Legal System
This book provides an introduction to the legal system in Hong Kong. Understanding Hong Kong's legal system today requires both an understanding of the British origins of much of the laws and legal institutions as well as the uniquely Hong Kong developments in the application of the Basic Law under 'one country, two systems'. These features of the Hong Kong legal system are explored in this book, which takes into account developments in the two decades or so of the…
- Add bookmark
- Provides an overview of different legal theories and legal institutions in Hong Kong's legal system including examples on case law, statutory interpretation and legal research that will enable students to obtain a solid foundational understanding of the legal system
- Features an entire chapter on finding and citing legal materials to assist students with legal research in their independent learning
- Provides illustrative examples to guide students through parts of a statute and a case, building a student's confidence in reading legislation and cases
About the book
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1017/9781108634687
- Subjects Area Studies,Asian Studies,East Asian Government, Politics and Policy,Law,Politics and International Relations,Public Law
- Format: Paperback
- Publication date: 30 January 2020
- ISBN: 9781108721820
- Dimensions (mm): 228 x 152 mm
- Weight: 0.64kg
- Contains: 9 b/w illus. 3 tables
- Page extent: 432 pages
- Availability: In stock
- Format: Digital
- Publication date: 21 December 2019
- ISBN: 9781108634687
Review the options below to login to check your access.
Log in with your Cambridge Higher Education account to check access.
There are no purchase options available for this title.
Have an access code?
To redeem an access code, please log in with your personal login.
If you believe you should have access to this content, please contact your institutional librarian or consult our FAQ page for further information about accessing our content.
AI generated results by Discovery for publishers [opens in a new window]
Asian Courts in Context
Online publication date: 05 December 2014
Hong Kong's Court of Final Appeal
Online publication date: 05 December 2013
Law and Legal Institutions of Asia
Online publication date: 01 June 2011