Graph Directed Markov Systems
Geometry and Dynamics of Limit Sets
Part of Cambridge Tracts in Mathematics
Adobe eBook Reader
Other available formats:
Looking for an inspection copy?
This title is not currently available for inspection. However, if you are interested in the title for your course we can consider offering an inspection copy. To register your interest please contact firstname.lastname@example.org providing details of the course you are teaching.
The main focus of this book is the exploration of the geometric and dynamic properties of a far reaching generalization of a conformal iterated function system - a Graph Directed Markov System. These systems are very robust in that they apply to many settings that do not fit into the scheme of conformal iterated systems. The basic theory is laid out here and the authors have touched on many natural questions arising in its context. However, they also emphasise the many issues and current research topics which can be found in original papers. For example the detailed analysis of the structure of harmonic measures of limit sets, the examination of the doubling property of conformal measures, the extensive study of generalized polynomial like mapping or multifractal analysis of geometrically finite Kleinian groups. This book leads readers onto frontier research in the field, making it ideal for both established researchers and graduate students.Read more
- Definitive account of this topic
- Includes necessary background material as well as references for further reading
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Date Published: December 2004
- format: Adobe eBook Reader
- isbn: 9780511056123
- availability: This ISBN is for an eBook version which is distributed on our behalf by a third party.
Table of Contents
1. Symbolic dynamics
3. Hölder families of functions
4. Conformal graph directed Markov systems
5. Examples of graph directed Markov systems
6. Conformal iterated function systems
7. Dynamical rigidity of conformal iterated function systems
8. Parabolic iterated function systems
9. Parabolic systems: Hausdorff and packing measures.
Sorry, this resource is locked
Please register or sign in to request access. If you are having problems accessing these resources please email email@example.comRegister Sign in
You are now leaving the Cambridge University Press website. Your eBook purchase and download will be completed by our partner www.ebooks.com. Please see the permission section of the www.ebooks.com catalogue page for details of the print & copy limits on our eBooks.Continue ×