Other available formats:
Looking for an inspection copy?
This title is not currently available for inspection. However, if you are interested in the title for your course we can consider offering an inspection copy. To register your interest please contact firstname.lastname@example.org providing details of the course you are teaching.
High-Speed Flow is a textbook suitable for undergraduates, postgraduates, and research-workers in fluid dynamics. It covers such topics as subsonic and supersonic flight, shock waves, high-speed aerofoils, and temperature changes. Starting from first principles, the book gives complete and elementary derivations of all results, and takes the reader to research level in the subject. The book contains many exercises and an extensive bibliography, providing access to the entire literature of the subject from 1860 to the present day, and including over two hundred items published since 1990. It contains the most extensive set of formulae on thermodynamics and oblique shock waves ever assembled.Read more
- Detailed treatment of oblique shock waves, including the most comprehensive set of formulae on oblique shock waves ever assembled
- A classified listing of all the papers, over two hundred in number, published on high speed flow in the Journal of Fluid Mechanics in the period 1990–1998
- Numerous exercises, suitable for the student or for the lecturer in setting problem-sheets or examinations
Reviews & endorsements
'… is a competent and concise treatment of the most important elements and concepts of high-speed flows. High Speed Flow is certainly a fine book for a mature researcher in fluid mechanics who quickly wishes to grasp, in a theoretical setting, the key concepts of high-speed flows.' T. F. Balsa, Applied Mechanics ReviewSee more reviews
'… can be recommended as a useful tool for a scientific study of high speed flows.' W. Wuest, Zentralblatt MATH
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Date Published: March 2000
- format: Paperback
- isbn: 9780521666473
- length: 272 pages
- dimensions: 229 x 153 x 18 mm
- weight: 0.4kg
- contains: 96 b/w illus. 8 tables 56 exercises
- availability: Available
Table of Contents
2. Governing equations
4. Smooth flow of an ideal fluid
5. Characteristic surfaces and rays
7. Steady one-dimensional flow
10. Characteristics for steady two-dimensional flow
11. Shock reflections and intersections
12. The hodograph method
13. Guide to high speed flow.
Sorry, this resource is locked
Please register or sign in to request access. If you are having problems accessing these resources please email email@example.comRegister Sign in
You are now leaving the Cambridge University Press website. Your eBook purchase and download will be completed by our partner www.ebooks.com. Please see the permission section of the www.ebooks.com catalogue page for details of the print & copy limits on our eBooks.Continue ×
Are you sure you want to delete your account?
This cannot be undone.
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×