Other available formats:
Looking for an inspection copy?
This title is not currently available for inspection. However, if you are interested in the title for your course we can consider offering an inspection copy. To register your interest please contact email@example.com providing details of the course you are teaching.
This is a integrated presentation of the theory of exponential diophantine equations. The authors present, in a clear and unified fashion, applications to exponential diophantine equations and linear recurrence sequences of the Gelfond-Baker theory of linear forms in logarithms of algebraic numbers. Topics covered include the Thue equations, the generalised hyperelliptic equation, and the Fermat and Catalan equations. The necessary preliminaries are given in the first three chapters. Each chapter ends with a section giving details of related results.
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Date Published: December 2008
- format: Paperback
- isbn: 9780521091701
- length: 252 pages
- dimensions: 229 x 152 x 15 mm
- weight: 0.38kg
- availability: Available
Table of Contents
Part I. Preliminaries: Part II. Diophantine equations and recurrence sequences:
1. Purely exponential equations
2. Binary recurrence sequences with rational roots
3. Binary recurrence sequences
4. Recurrence sequences of order 2, 3 and 4
5. The Thue equation
6. The superelliptic equation
7. The Thue-Mahler equation
8. The generalised superelliptic equation
9. Perfect powers in binary recurrence sequences
10. Perfect powers at integral values of a polynomial
11. The Fermat equation
12. The Catalan equation and related equations.
Sorry, this resource is locked
Please register or sign in to request access. If you are having problems accessing these resources please email firstname.lastname@example.orgRegister Sign in
You are now leaving the Cambridge University Press website. Your eBook purchase and download will be completed by our partner www.ebooks.com. Please see the permission section of the www.ebooks.com catalogue page for details of the print & copy limits on our eBooks.Continue ×