- Thomas Beth, Universität Fridericiana Karlsruhe, Germany
- Deiter Jungnickel, Universität Augsburg
- Hanfried Lenz, Freie Universität Berlin
This is the first volume of the second edition of the standard text on design theory. Since the first edition there has been extensive development of the theory and this book has been thoroughly rewritten and extended during that time. In particular the growing importance of discrete mathematics to many parts of engineering and science have made designs a useful tool for applications. It is suitable for advanced courses and as a reference work, not only for researchers in discrete mathematics or finite algebra, but also for those working in computer and communications engineering and other mathematically oriented disciplines. Exercises are included throughout, and the book concludes with an extensive and updated bibliography of well over 1800 items.Read more
- Updated version of a classic book
- Many people interested in this subject
- Previous editions sold well
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Edition: 2nd Edition
- Date Published: June 2013
- format: Adobe eBook Reader
- isbn: 9781139382380
- availability: This ISBN is for an eBook version which is distributed on our behalf by a third party.
Table of Contents
1. Examples and basic definitions
2. Combinatorial analysis of designs
3. Groups and designs
4. Witt designs and Mathieu groups
5. Highly transitive groups
6. Difference sets and regular symmetric designs
7. Difference families
8. Further direct constructions.
Sorry, this resource is locked
Are you sure you want to delete your account?
This cannot be undone.
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×