Looking for an inspection copy?
This title is not currently available for inspection. However, if you are interested in the title for your course we can consider offering an inspection copy. To register your interest please contact email@example.com providing details of the course you are teaching.
Metric Fixed Point Theory has proved a flourishing area of research for many mathematicians. This book aims to offer the mathematical community an accessible, self-contained account which can be used as an introduction to the subject and its development. It will be understandable to a wide audience, including non-specialists, and provide a source of examples, references and new approaches for those currently working in the subject.
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Date Published: June 2008
- format: Paperback
- isbn: 9780521064064
- length: 256 pages
- dimensions: 229 x 150 x 15 mm
- weight: 0.378kg
- availability: Available
Table of Contents
2. Banach's contraction principle
3. Nonexpansive mappings: introduction
4. The basic fixed point theorems for nonexpansive mappings
5. Scaling the convexity of the unit ball
6. The modulus of convexity and normal structure
7. Normal structure and smoothness
8. Conditions involving compactness
9. Sequential approximation techniques
10. Weak sequential approximations
11. Properties of fixed point sets and minimal sets
12. Special properties of Hilbert space
13. Applications to accretivity
14. Nonstandard methods
15. Set-valued mappings
16. Uniformly Lipschitzian mappings
17. Rotative mappings
18. The theorems of Brouwer and Schauder
19. Lipschitzian mappings
20. Minimal displacement
21. The retraction problem
Sorry, this resource is locked
Please register or sign in to request access. If you are having problems accessing these resources please email firstname.lastname@example.orgRegister Sign in
You are now leaving the Cambridge University Press website. Your eBook purchase and download will be completed by our partner www.ebooks.com. Please see the permission section of the www.ebooks.com catalogue page for details of the print & copy limits on our eBooks.Continue ×
Are you sure you want to delete your account?
This cannot be undone.
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×