- English Language Learning
- Cambridge Dictionary of American English 2nd Edition
Camb Dict of American English 2ed
The best American English learner's dictionary is better than ever, with new words and new features.
Based on the world's largest corpus of written and spoken American English, it includes up-to-date vocabulary (""blog,"" ""podcast,"" ""wiki""), usage notes that help learners avoid common mistakes, frequency information that identifies the words learners need to know, easy-to-understand definitions, and full-sentence examples that show how English is really used.
- Up-to-date vocabulary ("DSL," "Jihad," "morph," "PDA," "retro," "Wiki") defines the language of today.
- Usage notes help learners to avoid common mistakes.
- Frequency information helps learners identify the words they need to know.
- Clear definitions make meanings easy-to-understand.
- Full-sentence examples show how English is really used.
From the World of Better Learning
We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties. We expect to be up and running again soon; we are sorry for any inconvenience caused.
Also in this subject
Cambridge Learner's Dictionary
The Cambridge Learner's Dictionary is the best route to success in English. This new edition updates the existing content and contains new features to make learning English even easier.CEF Level: B1 - B2Publication date: July 2012
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×