Brain Imaging with MRI and CT
An Image Pattern Approach
- Zoran Rumboldt, Medical University of South Carolina
- Mauricio Castillo, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
- Benjamin Huang, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
- Andrea Rossi, G. Gaslini Children's Research Hospital
Adobe eBook Reader
Other available formats:
Looking for an inspection copy?
This title is not currently available for inspection. However, if you are interested in the title for your course we can consider offering an inspection copy. To register your interest please contact email@example.com providing details of the course you are teaching.
Most imaging books are ordered according to underlying etiology. However, in real life clinical practice, radiologists usually make their differential diagnoses according to the image patterns, as the etiology is often unknown. Brain Imaging with MRI and CT presents over 180 disease processes and normal variants, grouping entities by these basic patterns to accentuate differential diagnostic features. High quality CT and MRI scans show multiple typical and distinguishing images for each entity. Common and unusual clinical scenarios are described, including dilated perivascular spaces, capillary teleangiectasia, Susac's syndrome and desmoplastic infantile ganglioglioma. Both basic and advanced imaging techniques are used, reflecting the reality of clinical practice. This image-focused book emphasises the most pertinent clinical information relevant to the diagnostic process. Trainee and practising radiologists will find Brain Imaging with MRI and CT an invaluable and clinically relevant tool for learning and teaching.Read more
- Detailed descriptions of characteristic imaging findings complement the high quality CT and MRI images
- Each look-alike entity includes a list of differentiating features, forming a quick reference for differential diagnosis
- Includes examples of both basic and advanced imaging techniques, making the book clinically useful regardless of the level of imaging facilities available
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Date Published: January 2013
- format: Adobe eBook Reader
- isbn: 9781139574631
- contains: 1437 b/w illus. 11 colour illus.
- availability: This ISBN is for an eBook version which is distributed on our behalf by a third party.
Table of Contents
Part I. Bilateral Predominantly Symmetric Abnormalities
Part II. Sellar, Perisellar and Midline Lesions
Part III. Parenchymal Defects or Abnormal Volume
Part IV. Abnormalities Without Significant Mass Effect
Part V. Primarily Extra-Axial Focal Space Occupying Lesions
Part VI. Primarily Intra-Axial Masses
Part VII. Intracranial Calcifications.
Sorry, this resource is locked
Please register or sign in to request access. If you are having problems accessing these resources please email firstname.lastname@example.orgRegister Sign in
You are now leaving the Cambridge University Press website. Your eBook purchase and download will be completed by our partner www.ebooks.com. Please see the permission section of the www.ebooks.com catalogue page for details of the print & copy limits on our eBooks.Continue ×