Camb Dict of American English 2ed
The best American English learner's dictionary is better than ever, with new words and new features.
Based on the world's largest corpus of written and spoken American English, it includes up-to-date vocabulary (""blog,"" ""podcast,"" ""wiki""), usage notes that help learners avoid common mistakes, frequency information that identifies the words learners need to know, easy-to-understand definitions, and full-sentence examples that show how English is really used.
- Up-to-date vocabulary ("DSL," "Jihad," "morph," "PDA," "retro," "Wiki") defines the language of today.
- Usage notes help learners to avoid common mistakes.
- Frequency information helps learners identify the words they need to know.
- Clear definitions make meanings easy-to-understand.
- Full-sentence examples show how English is really used.
Also in this subject
Cambridge English Pronouncing Dictionary
New edition of the classic work by Daniel Jones includes up-to-date entries and new study pages.Authors: Daniel Jones, Peter Roach, Jane Setter, John EslingEnglish Type: International EnglishCEF Level: B2 - C2Publication date: October 2011
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×