- Format:Print/online bundle
- Qualification:Cambridge AS and A Level
- Author(s):Mary Jones, Richard Fosbery, Jennifer Gregory, Dennis Taylor
- Available from: September 2017
- Notes: Not available for credit card purchase. Please contact Customer Services.
Fully revised and updated content matching the Cambridge International AS & A Level Biology syllabus (9700).
Send a Query×
The Cambridge International AS and A Level Biology Coursebook with CD-ROM and Cambridge Elevate enhanced edition offers flexible and comprehensive coverage of the full syllabus as well as extra enhancements to really bring the subject to life. This Cambridge Elevate enhanced edition of the coursebook provides a wealth of learning opportunities through auto-marked formative assessment quizzes with tailored feedback, carefully selected animated videos to visualise challenging concepts, exam-style questions and more.
Comprehensive print and digital coverage of the full syllabus with extra focus on practical skills and exam preparation.
Carefully selected animated videos aid understanding of challenging scientific concepts whilst bringing the content to life.
Auto-marked formative assessment quizzes with tailored feedback to incorrect answers which highlight common misconceptions, to ensure continual learning opportunities for students.
Exam-style questions at the end of every chapter allow students to practise and prepare for their examinations.
Cambridge Elevate editions are customisable and interactive, allowing students to annotate text, add audio notes and link out to external resources.
Additional materials including detailed answers to all questions, advice on revision and examinations and recommendations of extra resources are all available to download in the enhanced edition.
Available online and on tablet devices through the Cambridge Elevate app.
For information on how to use Cambridge Elevate editions and on supported devices please see inside the front cover.
- Coursebook: How to use this book
- 1. Cell structure
- 2. Biological molecules
- 3. Enzymes
- 4. Cell membranes and transport
- 5. The mitotic cell cycle
- 6. Nucleic acids and protein synthesis
- 7. Transport in plants
- 8. Transport in mammals
- 9. Gas exchange and smoking
- 10. Infectious diseases
- 11. Immunity
- P1. Practical skills for AS
- 12. Energy and respiration
- 13. Photosynthesis
- 14. Homeostasis
- 15. Coordination
- 16. Inherited change
- 17. Selection and evolution
- 18. Biodiversity, classification and conservation
- 19. Genetic technology
- P2. Planning, analysis and evaluation
- Appendix 1. Amino acid R groups
- Appendix 2. DNA and RNA triplet codes
- Index. CD-ROM: Answers to all questions from coursebook
- Advice about revision and exam preparation
- Recommended resources.
Latest newsAll news
02 July 2019
What is assessment for learning and what are the benefits?
Have you heard a lot about AfL but don't completely understand it? You're not alone!
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×