- Format:Mixed media product
- Qualification:Cambridge IGCSE
- Author(s):Karen Morrison, Nick Hamshaw
- Available from: December 2015
Revised edition of the IGCSE Mathematics Core and Extended Coursebook for the 0580 syllabus for examination from 2015.
Send a Query×
This Revised Edition of Cambridge IGCSE® Mathematics has been updated to reflect changes in the Cambridge IGCSE® Mathematics 0580 syllabus and ensure full syllabus coverage. With clearly marked core and extended material, the coursebook provides clear explanations and practice exercises to help students master mathematical skills.This highly illustrated Coursebook, written by experienced Cambridge IGCSE Mathematics teachers, ensures that students at all levels have access to the whole syllabus, enabling them to stretch themselves and find support as required. The Extended material is clearly marked, and there are useful tips in the margins for those students needing more support.Updated material includes: Further materials to explain and practice recurring decimals and fractions Additional exercises on exponential growth and decay, and the gradient of parallel and perpendicular linesThe accompanying CD-ROM includes calculator support, interactive revision questions and revision worksheets tailored for Core and Extended students (complete with answers).
Worked-examples throughout demonstrate typical working and thought processes.
Progressively challenging exercises complete with answers at the back of the book.
Tips in the margins for additional support and clearly marked Extended material.
Exam-style questions at the end of each chapter.
A Glossary to explain new and complex words.
- Unit 1. 1. Reviewing number concepts
- 2. Making sense of algebra
- 3. Lines, angles and shapes
- 4. Collecting, organising and displaying data
- Unit 2. 5. Fractions
- 6. Equations and transforming formulae
- 7. perimeter, area and volume
- 8. Introduction to probability
- Unit 3. 9. Sequences and sets
- 10. Straight lines and quadratic equations
- 11. Pythagoras' theorem and similar shapes
- 12. Averages and measures of speed
- Examination Practice: structured questions for Units 1-3
- Unit 4. 13. Understanding measurement
- 14. Further solving of equations and inequalities
- 15. Scale drawings, bearings and trigonometry
- 16. Scatter diagrams and correlation
- Unit 5. 17. Managing money
- 18. Curved graphs
- 19. Symmetry and loci
- 20. Histograms and frequency distribution diagrams
- Unit 6. 21. Ratio, rate and proportion
- 22. More equations, formulae and functions
- 23. Transformations and matrices
- 24. Probability using tree diagrams. Examination Practice: structured questions for units 4-6. Exercise answers
Latest newsAll news
13 November 2019
Three approaches to differentiation in primary science
Try these out in your class wherever you are in the curriculum.
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×