- Format:Cambridge Elevate
- Qualification:IB Diploma
- Author(s):Allan Todd
- Available from: No date available
- Notes: Not available for credit card purchase. Please contact Customer Services.
Comprehensive second editions of History for the IB Diploma Paper 1, revised for first teaching in 2015.
Send a Query×
This Cambridge Elevate edition covers Paper 1, Prescribed Subject 3: The Move to Global War of the History for the International Baccalaureate Diploma syllabus for first assessment in 2017. Tailored to the requirements of the IB syllabus and written by experienced IB History examiners and teachers, it offers authoritative and engaging guidance through the following two case studies: Japanese expansion in East Asia (1931-1941) and German and Italian expansion (1933-1940).
Activities throughout the chapters to encourage an exploratory and inquiring approach to historical learning.
A wide range of primary and secondary sources to develop students’ analytical skills.
Opportunities for balanced historical debate to inspire engagement with multiple historical perspectives and interpretations.
Definitions of key historical terms displayed alongside relevant text to aid accessibility and support EAL learners.
Links to Theory of Knowledge concepts to stimulate reflective discussion.
Key Concept links to highlight how the 6 new key concepts can be integrated into the course.
Paper 1 and Paper 2 exam-style questions to help improve student performance and provide preparation for assessment.
Cambridge Elevate editions are customisable and interactive, allowing students and teachers to annotate text, add audio notes and link out to external resources.
Available online and on tablet devices through the Cambridge Elevate app.
- 1. Introduction
- Case Study 1. Japanese expansionism in East Asia, 1931-41: 2. Causes of Japanese expansion
- 3. Japan's actions
- 4. International responses to Japanese expansion
- Case Study 2. German and Italian expansionism, 1933-39: 5. Causes of German and Italian expansion
- 6. Germany and Italy's actions
- 7. International responses to German and Italian expansion
- 8. The final steps to Global War, 1939-41
- 9. Exam practice
- Further Information
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×