Cambridge Idioms Dictionary
Other available formats:
This new edition of the Cambridge Idioms Dictionary explains over 7,000 idioms current in British, American and Australian English, helping learners to understand them and use them with confidence.
* Fully updated with new idioms, e.g. think outside the box, play out of your skin, the new black
* New, attractive page layout with idioms in colour for easy reference
* Clear explanations and example sentences for every idiom
* Most common idioms highlighted so students know which to learn
* Topic section covering useful language areas, e.g. agreeing and disagreeing, telling stories
Also in this subject
Cambridge Learner's Dictionary English–Polish
This is a semibilingual Polish version of the Cambridge Learner's Dictionary, with definitions in English and Polish translations of the headword for each sense.CEF Level: A2 - C1Publication date: May 2011
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×