- Format:Cambridge Elevate
- Qualification:IB Diploma
- Author(s):Rosa Parra Contreras, Marina Durañona, Carlos Valentini
- Available from: October 2018
- Notes: Not available for credit card purchase. Please contact Customer Services.
An expertly written Spanish B course now updated for first examination 2020, providing students with thought-provoking materials to help them develop strong language skills and solid critical thinking.
Send a Query×
The Cambridge Elevate edition helps students develop their Spanish language skills as they explore the five themes from the new IB Diploma Language B guide. Units begin with ‘big questions’ that get learners thinking about global topics such as, ‘how do we express our identity?’ These help students appreciate wider issues before developing their language skills through international texts and activities in the style of the exam. This digital resource allows students to annotate text, add notes and link to external resources. Answers and audio files for the listening exercises are in the teacher’s resource.
Personalise Cambridge Elevate editions to your needs – set homework, link to the web and share annotations with your class.
Big questions at the start of each unit introduce important world issues and ensure students’ learning reflects the mission of IB Diploma – ‘to create a better world through education.’
Listening activities in each unit help students practise this essential skill and prepare them for the new assessment. Audio for the listening activities is in the teacher's resource.
Activities in the style of the exam give students the opportunity to develop their language skills while preparing for the new assessment.
Sections on literature give higher level students the opportunity to practice for their individual oral exam.
Links to Theory of Knowledge (TOK), Extended Essay (EE) and Creativity, Activity, Service (CAS) help students make connections with the IB Diploma Core and Conceptual Understanding and Approaches to Learning are integrated into the coursebook, encouraging students to improve these skills.
A specific section on text types, updated to conform to the new Guide, helps students master different types of text.
Cambridge Elevate is simple to navigate for both students and teachers – find notes quickly with highlights and bookmarks.
Simple and easy to use, link directly into Cambridge Elevate from Moodle, Blackboard and any other VLE.
Access a library of Cambridge books anywhere, anytime whether online or offline (via the app). For more information, please visit elevate.cambridge.org/support.
- 1. Identidades: El español: una lengua viva
- 1.2. Che Guevara
- 1.3. Valorar las propias raíces
- 1.4. Amor en La Higuera
- 2. Experiencias: 2.1. Los sombreros
- 2.2. El último viaje de Cortázar
- 2.3. Vida deportiva: rompiendo estereotipos
- 2.4. El otro viaje de Cortázar
- 3. Ingenio humano: 3.1. Frida Kahlo
- 3.2. Ingenio humano
- 3.3. Ética, ciencia y tecnología
- 3.4. Una manera creativa de ver el mundo
- 4. Organización social: 4.1. La Monarquía
- 4.2. Adolescentes, una nueva generación
- 4.3. Organización social
- 4.4. Unidad Literaria: Leyendas prehispánicas
- 5. Compartimos el planeta: 5.1. Compartimos el planeta
- 5.2. La alimentación en el planeta
- 5.3. Pandemias
- 5.4. Palabras
- 6. Tipos de texto.
Latest newsAll news
18 April 2019
Tips for developing students as independent learners
Marilyn Rankin, one of the authors of English Language for Cambridge International AS & A...
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×