- Qualification:IB Diploma
- Author(s):Jean Bottaro, John Stanley
- Available from: December 2015
Comprehensive second editions of History for the IB Diploma Paper 2, revised for first teaching in 2015.
Send a Query×
This coursebook covers Paper 2, World History Topic 9: Evolution and Development of Democratic States (1848-2000) of the History for the IB Diploma syllabus for first assessment in 2017. Tailored to the requirements of the IB syllabus and written by experienced IB History examiners and teachers, it offers authoritative and engaging guidance through the following detailed studies from around the world: South Africa, India, Germany, and the USA.
Activities throughout the chapters to encourage an exploratory and inquiring approach to historical learning.
Structured to cover one topic per title to help students adopt an investigative and thorough approach to their study.
Detailed studies from around the world are included for centres to choose from according to their interests, helping students make comparisons between two different regions.
Activities throughout the chapters encourage an exploratory and inquiring approach to historical learning.
Opportunities for balanced historical debate to inspire engagement with multiple historical perspectives and interpretations.
Definitions of key historical terms displayed alongside relevant text to aid accessibility and support for EAL learners.
Key Concept links to highlight how the 6 new key concepts can be integrated into the course.
- 1. Introduction
- Unit 1. South Africa: 2. Change and continuity in South Africa
- 3. Challenges and opposition
- 4. Impact of democracy on society in South Africa
- Unit 2. India: 5. Change and continuity in India
- 6. Challenges and opposition
- 7. Impact of democracy on society in India
- Unit 3. Germany: 7. Change and continuity in Germany
- 8. Challenges and opposition
- 9. Impact of democracy on society in Germany
- Unit 4. USA: 10. Change and continuity in the USA
- 11. Challenges and opposition
- 12. Impact of democracy on society in the USA
- Unit 5. Exam practice
Latest newsAll news
18 April 2019
Tips for developing students as independent learners
Marilyn Rankin, one of the authors of English Language for Cambridge International AS & A...
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×