- Subject(s):First Language English
- Qualification:Cambridge Primary
- Author(s):Mike Gould, Eoin Higgins
- Available from: June 2019
Develop your learners' skills in creative writing and writing for a purpose.
Send a Query×
Introduce your learners to creative writing and writing for a purpose. They’ll rewrite a well-known myth and draft an application letter, helping build their extended writing skills as they progress through the units. Each unit focuses on a different text type such as dialogue, reports or instructions. Model texts in each chapter show learners good examples of each writing type and specific activities help them practise grammar typical of the genre. Learners work individually and collaboratively, developing skills such as creative thinking, planning, drafting, peer evaluation and editing.
- 1. Making myths - Myths and legends
- 2. Social stories - Social stories
- 3. Autobiographical adventures - Autobiographical account
- 4. Real-life diaries - Diary
- 5. What's my view? - Review
- 6. My world in a poem - Poem about everyday life
- 7. Building information - Informative and persuasive texts
- 8. Summing you up - Summary
- 9. Applying yourself - Letter of application
- 10. Precious verse - Poem
- 11. Reporting danger - News report
- 12. Dramatic relationships - Ploy.
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×