Other available formats:
Looking for an inspection copy?
This title is not currently available for inspection. However, if you are interested in the title for your course we can consider offering an inspection copy. To register your interest please contact email@example.com providing details of the course you are teaching.
The acceleration of globalization and the growth of emerging economies present significant opportunities for business expansion. One of the quickest ways to achieve effective international expansion is by leveraging the web, which allows for technological connectivity of global markets and opportunities to compete on a global basis. To systematically engage and thrive in this networked global economy, professionals and students need a new skill set; one that can help them develop, manage, assess and optimize efforts to successfully launch websites for tapping global markets. This book provides a comprehensive, non-technical guide to leveraging website localization strategies for global e-commerce success. It contains a wealth of information and advice, including strategic insights into how international business needs to evolve and adapt in light of the rapid proliferation of the 'Global Internet Economy'. It also features step-by-step guidelines to developing, managing and optimizing international-multilingual websites and insights into cutting-edge web localization strategies.Read more
- A comprehensive, non-technical guide to tapping the growing global e-commerce market with ready-to-implement localization strategies for effective international web presence
- Presents a blend of strategies, models, checklists, tools, research insights, examples and cases to help readers comprehend the complexities of global e-commerce
- Shows how to avoid common web localization mistakes and, in the process, achieve significant cost savings
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Date Published: November 2011
- format: Hardback
- isbn: 9781107008892
- length: 346 pages
- dimensions: 258 x 195 x 21 mm
- weight: 0.89kg
- contains: 70 b/w illus. 17 tables
- availability: Available
Table of Contents
List of figures
List of tables
1. Global e-commerce opportunities and challenges
2. International e-business expansion and market entry strategies
3. Global online consumer segmentation
4. Web globalization strategies
5. Developing international websites: internationalization (I18n)
6. Effectively localizing international websites
7. Managing a web globalization value chain
8. Optimizing international websites
9. Assessing web globalization efforts
10. Strategic industry insights into emerging localization trends
Instructors have used or reviewed this title for the following courses
- International E-Business
Sorry, this resource is locked
Please register or sign in to request access. If you are having problems accessing these resources please email firstname.lastname@example.orgRegister Sign in
You are now leaving the Cambridge University Press website. Your eBook purchase and download will be completed by our partner www.ebooks.com. Please see the permission section of the www.ebooks.com catalogue page for details of the print & copy limits on our eBooks.Continue ×
Are you sure you want to delete your account?
This cannot be undone.
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×