Ernest William Hobson (1856–1933) was a prominent English mathematician who held the position of Sadleirian Professor at the University of Cambridge from 1910 to 1931. In this volume, which was originally published in 1931, Hobson focuses on the forms and analytical properties of the functions which arise in connection with those solutions of Laplace's equation which are adapted to the case of particular boundary problems. The investigations take into account functions not, as was the case when they were originally introduced, confined to the cases where degree and order are integral. This is a highly informative book that will be of value to anyone with an interest in spherical and ellipsoidal harmonics.
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Date Published: February 2012
- format: Paperback
- isbn: 9781107605114
- length: 514 pages
- dimensions: 244 x 170 x 26 mm
- weight: 0.81kg
- availability: Available
Table of Contents
1. The transformation of Laplaces's equation
2. The solution of Laplace's equation in polar coordinates
3. The Legendres associated functions
4. Spherical harmonics
5. Spherical harmonics of general type
6. Approximate values of the generalized Legendres functions
7. Representation of functions by series
8. The addition theorems for general Legendres functions
9. The zeros of Legendres functions and associated functions
10. Harmonics for spaces bounded by surfaces of revolution
11. Ellipsoidal harmonics
List of authors quoted
Sorry, this resource is locked
Please register or sign in to request access. If you are having problems accessing these resources please email email@example.comRegister Sign in
You are now leaving the Cambridge University Press website. Your eBook purchase and download will be completed by our partner www.ebooks.com. Please see the permission section of the www.ebooks.com catalogue page for details of the print & copy limits on our eBooks.Continue ×
Are you sure you want to delete your account?
This cannot be undone.
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×