- Format:Cambridge Elevate
- Qualification:Cambridge IGCSE
- Author(s):Paul Grey, Rosemarie Little, Robin Macpherson, John Etty, Graham Goodlad
- Available from: January 2018
- Notes: Not available for credit card purchase. Please contact Customer Services.
Cambridge IGCSE® and O Level History Second edition for Option B: the 20th Century of the syllabus (0470,2147), updated for the revised syllabus for first examination from 2020 and now supporting O Level as well.
Send a Query×
Help your students take an enquiry-led approach to historical learning with Cambridge IGCSE® and O Level History. Full of activities and primary and secondary sources, this resource encourages the application of historical skills and enables investigative questioning of cause and consequence. Endorsed by Cambridge Assessment International Education for Option B, this Cambridge Elevate edition is written by a team of experienced teachers and provides comprehensive coverage of all of the Key Questions and four of the Depth Studies for syllabus Option B: the 20th Century. A selection of sample be found in the teacher's resource. Also provides ideal support for those studying history pre-AICE.
Personalise Cambridge Elevate editions to individual needs - set homework, share annotations and link to the web.
Activities throughout the chapters encourage an exploratory and inquiring approach to historical learning.
A wide range of primary and secondary sources helps students develop their analytical skills.
Comprehensively covers all Key Questions of the Core content so students can feel confident and prepared.
Rigorous coverage of four of the Depth Studies – the First World War 1914-18, Germany 1918-45, Russia 1905-41 and the USA 1919-41 – provides teachers with both detail and choice.
Definitions of key terms displayed alongside relevant text support English as an additional language (EAL) learners’ comprehension.
Dedicated assessment preparation chapter helps students familiarise themselves with course requirements.
Simple and easy to use, link directly into Cambridge Elevate from Moodle, Blackboard or any other VLE.
Scene setting chapters on 20th Century and the First World War helps with context setting, especially for students who have not studied this history before.
Access a library of Cambridge books anywhere, anytime whether online or offline (via the app). Please visit elevate.cambridge.org/support for more information.
- How to use this book
- Introductory chapters: Introduction Part 1 What is the big picture of the 20th Century?
- Introduction Part 2 The First World War 1914-18
- Section A. Core Content: 1. Key Question 1. Were the peace treaties of 1919-1923 fair?
- 2. Key Question 2. To what extent was the League of Nations a success?
- 3. Key Question 3. Why had international peace collapsed by 1939?
- 4. Key Question 4. Who was to blame for the Cold War?
- 5. Key Question 5. How effectively did the USA contain the spread of Communism?
- 6. Key Question 6. How secure was the USSR's control over Eastern Europe, 1948-c.1989?
- 7. Key Question 7. Why did events in the Gulf matter, c.1970-2000?
- Section B. Depth Studies: 9. The First World War 1914-18
- 10. Germany 1914-45
- 11. Russia 1905-41
- 12. The USA 1919-41
- 13. Preparing for assessment
Latest newsAll news
06 December 2019
The Latin of 'the man on the street': exploring unfiltered Latin through Roman graffiti
How can your students can get an insight into pure, unfiltered Latin through ancient Roman...
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×