- Format:Print/online bundle
- Subject(s):English Language and Literature
- Author(s):Sunirmal Chakravarthi, Anita Shourie
- Available from: August 2017
Based on the latest CISCE curriculum, this is a language-rich series for the teaching and learning of English for classes 1 to 8.
Send a Query×
Cambridge Connection – English is a eight-level series for the teaching and learning of English for classes 1 to 8.Based on the latest CISCE curriculum, it is a holistic course that inculcates in learners an appreciation for literature; proficiency in the four skills of listening, speaking, reading and writing (LSRW); and a spirit of enquiry and lifelong learning. The course encourages active participation of learners in the process of knowledge construction through ample individual, pair and group work as well as self-assessment. The series comprises Coursebooks 1 to 8, Workbooks 1 to 8, comprehensive Teacher’s Books and TRP+.
Warm-ups to bring out real-life connections with the themes; In-text questions and facts to aid comprehension and offer additional information; About the Author, Poet and Playwright to place the texts in perspective
Comprehension to inculcate literal, inferential and critical reading
Language in Use with graded grammar for a clear understanding of language structures; Word Power to make vocabulary acquisition dynamic and diverse; Special sections for emphasis on Dictionary Work, Spelling and Punctuation
Listening and Speaking with pronunciation practice, practice in listening for various functions as well as expression in a variety of situations
Writing to hone functional and creative expression
Guided and research-based Activity sections to bring a real-life connect to concepts; Projects to inculcate research and presentation skills, ethics of teamwork and the ability to synthesise information
Life Skills to promote critical thinking and responsible social participation
My Learning pages offer self-evaluation slips to help students reflect upon and track their progress. The slips can be cut out and submitted to teachers for record keeping
Quick Connect, a detachable poster, provides a quick grammar review. The images when scanned offer additional resources.
Digital solutions TRP+ and Explore App with audio-visual elements for a dynamic learning experience. TRP+ offers structured teaching tools and stimulating learning experiences in classrooms with the help of Rich audio-visual elements—animations, slide shows and interactive units; Lesson plans and delivery tools; Test Maker to prepare worksheets and tests.
- Sneak Peek
- The Sniper [Liam O'Flaherty]
- Lake Isle of Innisfree [William Butler Yeats]
- Sayonara [Anne Lindbergh]
- The Village Blacksmith [Henry Wadsworth Longfellow]
- The Eyes Have It [Ruskin Bond]
- O Captain! My Captain! [Walt Whitman]
- The Lady or the Tiger? [Frank Richard Stockton]
- Zoos [Henry Louis Mencken]
- I Run Away to Dover [Charles Dickens]
- The Open Window [Hector Hugh Munro]
- Where the Mind Is Without Fear [Rabindranath Tagore]
- I Keep My Tryst with Everest [Bachendri Pal]
- A Retrieved Reformation [William Sydney Porter]
- The Battle of Blenheim [Robert Southey]
- The Bet [Anton Chekhov]
- The Last Stand at Thermopylae [Charles Morris]
- On Killing a Tree [Gieve Patel]
- Mark Antony's Speech [William Shakespeare]
Latest newsAll news
24 April 2019
Engaging your Latin Students: How to Embrace New Approaches
Stuck on ways to engage your Latin students? Andrew O’Brien talks about how he used...
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×