- Author(s):Hilary McD. Beckles
- Available from: November 2006
In this second edition, Hilary Beckles updates the text to reflect the considerable number of writings recently published on Barbados.
Send a Query×
- 1. The first Barbadians c.350-c.1627
- 2. English colonisation 1627-1650
- 3. The 'sugar and slavery' model 1644-1692
- 4. The Creole slave-based society and economy 1688-1807
- 5. Abolition, rebellion and emancipation 1807-1838
- 6. Freedom without liberties 1838-1897
- 7. Right to full freedom 1843-1876
- 8. Planter-merchant consolidation and workers' organisations 1876-1937
- 9. From colony to nation state 1937-1966
- 10. Current trends - from nation state to Caribbean single market and economy.
Latest newsAll news
24 April 2019
Engaging your Latin Students: How to Embrace New Approaches
Stuck on ways to engage your Latin students? Andrew O’Brien talks about how he used...
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×