- Format:Mixed media product
- Subject(s):Social Studies
- Author(s):Reeta David
- Available from: January 2013
Unveiling Geography is a series in Geography for classes 6 to 8.
Send a Query×
Unveiling Geography is a series in Geography for classes 6 to 8. It conforms to the curriculum specifications as delineated in the National Curriculum Framework (NCF 2005) prepared by NCERT. The exercises in this series are based on the Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation (CCE) scheme introduced by the Central Board of Secondary Education. The series is also suitable for schools affiliated to state boards of education which are following the National Curriculum Framework.
Learning Objectives state the topics to be covered before the start of every chapter.
Do You Know provides additional information on the topic.
Let’s Recapitulate summarises the important points covered.
HOTS questions empower the learners with critical thinking abilities.
Look up gives web links for further exploration of the topic.
CCE based activities monitor the pace of learning and provide for continuous feedback.
In-text Formative Assessment Tasks gauge the learner’s comprehension of the topics.
Summative Assessment Tasks takes an innovative graded approach by focusing on information, skills and strategies needed to pass the Class X board exam.
Four Formative Assessment Tests and two Summative Assessment Tests divide the course content into two terms as regulated by CCE guidelines.
In addition, the CD-ROM version of the student book is bundled with interactive CD-ROMs.
- 1. Our Environment
- 2. Land: Rocks and Minerals
- 3. Earth Movements and Major Landforms
- 4. Composition and Structure of the Atmosphere
- 5.Elements of Weather and Climate
- 6. Atmospheric Pressure and Winds, Humidity and Rainfall
- 7. Water
- 8. Natural Vegetation and Wildlife
- 9.Human Environments : Settlements, Transport and Communication
- 10. Life in the Desert Region
- 11. Life in the Tropical and Subtropical Regions
- 12. Life in the Temperate Regions
Latest newsAll news
18 April 2019
Tips for developing students as independent learners
Marilyn Rankin, one of the authors of English Language for Cambridge International AS & A...
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×