Originally published in 1913, this book forms part of a three-volume work created to expand upon the content of a series of lectures delivered at the University of Calcutta during the winter of 1909–10. The chief feature of all three volumes is that they deal with rectangular matrices and determinoids as distinguished from square matrices and determinants, the determinoid of a rectangular matrix being related to it in the same way as a determinant is related to a square matrix. An attempt is made to set forth a complete and consistent theory or calculus of rectangular matrices and determinoids. The first volume contains the most fundamental portions of the theory and concludes with the solution of any system of linear algebraic equations, which is treated as a special case of the solution of a matrix equation of the first degree.
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Date Published: March 2013
- format: Paperback
- isbn: 9781107655553
- length: 444 pages
- dimensions: 254 x 178 x 23 mm
- weight: 0.77kg
- availability: Available
Table of Contents
1. Introduction of rectangular matrices and determinoids
2. Affects of the elements and derived products of a matrix or determinoid
3. Sequences and the affects of derived sequences
4. Affects of derived matrices and derived determinoids
5. Expansions of a determinoid
6. Properties of a product formed by a chain of matrix factors
7. Determinoid of a product formed by a chain of matrix factors
8. Matrices of minor determinants
9. Bank of a matrix and connections between the rows of a matrix
10. Matrix equations of the first degree
11. Solution of any system of linear algebraic equations
Sorry, this resource is locked
Please register or sign in to request access. If you are having problems accessing these resources please email firstname.lastname@example.orgRegister Sign in
Are you sure you want to delete your account?
This cannot be undone.
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×