There are a number of intriguing connections between Painlevé equations and orthogonal polynomials, and this book is one of the first to provide an introduction to these. Researchers in integrable systems and non-linear equations will find the many explicit examples where Painlevé equations appear in mathematical analysis very useful. Those interested in the asymptotic behavior of orthogonal polynomials will also find the description of Painlevé transcendants and their use for local analysis near certain critical points helpful to their work. Rational solutions and special function solutions of Painlevé equations are worked out in detail, with a survey of recent results and an outline of their close relationship with orthogonal polynomials. Exercises throughout the book help the reader to get to grips with the material. The author is a leading authority on orthogonal polynomials, giving this work a unique perspective on Painlevé equations.Read more
- Written by a leading expert in orthogonal polynomials
- The first book to detail the interesting connections between Painlevé equations and orthogonal polynomials, an active area of research
- Exercises throughout the book encourage the reader to get involved and get comfortable with the material
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Date Published: December 2017
- format: Paperback
- isbn: 9781108441940
- length: 190 pages
- dimensions: 228 x 152 x 12 mm
- weight: 0.29kg
- contains: 25 b/w illus.
- availability: In stock
Table of Contents
2. Freud weights and discrete Painlevé I
3. Discrete Painlevé II
4. Ladder operators
5. Other semi-classical orthogonal polynomials
6. Special solutions of Painlevé equations
7. Asymptotic behavior of orthogonal polynomials near critical points
Appendix. Solutions to exercises
Sorry, this resource is locked
Please register or sign in to request access. If you are having problems accessing these resources please email firstname.lastname@example.orgRegister Sign in
You are now leaving the Cambridge University Press website. Your eBook purchase and download will be completed by our partner www.ebooks.com. Please see the permission section of the www.ebooks.com catalogue page for details of the print & copy limits on our eBooks.Continue ×
Are you sure you want to delete your account?
This cannot be undone.
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×