Written by two specialists with over twenty-five years of experience in the field, this valuable text presents a wide range of topics within the growing field of nonequilibrium molecular dynamics (NEMD). It introduces theories which are fundamental to the field - namely, nonequilibrium statistical mechanics and nonequilibrium thermodynamics - and provides state-of-the-art algorithms and advice for designing reliable NEMD code, as well as examining applications for both atomic and molecular fluids. It discusses homogenous and inhomogenous flows and pays considerable attention to highly confined fluids, such as nanofluidics. In addition to statistical mechanics and thermodynamics, the book covers the themes of temperature and thermodynamic fluxes and their computation, the theory and algorithms for homogenous shear and elongational flows, response theory and its applications, heat and mass transport algorithms, applications in molecular rheology, highly confined fluids (nanofluidics), the phenomenon of slip and how to compute it from basic microscopic principles, and generalized hydrodynamics.Read more
- The only book on the topic that discusses fundamental theory, numerical algorithms, and illustrative applications of nonequilibrium molecular dynamics simulation (NEMD)
- Contains detailed discussion of many issues that are often not discussed in depth or are scattered through the research literature
- Includes illustrative computer simulations used to calculate relevant transport properties of fluids out of equilibrium
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Date Published: March 2017
- format: Hardback
- isbn: 9780521190091
- length: 367 pages
- dimensions: 260 x 182 x 24 mm
- weight: 0.84kg
- availability: In stock
Table of Contents
2. Nonequilibrium thermodynamics
3. Statistical mechanical foundations
4. Temperature and thermodynamic fluxes
5. Homogenous flows for atomic fluids - theory
6. Homogenous flows for atomic fluids - applications
7. Homogenous heat and mass transport
8. Homogenous flows for molecular fluids
9. Inhomogenous flows for atomic fluids
10. Confined molecular fluids
11. Generalised hydrodynamics and slip.
Find resources associated with this titleYour search for '' returned .
Type Name Unlocked * Format Size
This title is supported by one or more locked resources. Access to locked resources is granted exclusively by Cambridge University Press to lecturers whose faculty status has been verified. To gain access to locked resources, lecturers should sign in to or register for a Cambridge user account.
Please use locked resources responsibly and exercise your professional discretion when choosing how you share these materials with your students. Other lecturers may wish to use locked resources for assessment purposes and their usefulness is undermined when the source files (for example, solution manuals or test banks) are shared online or via social networks.
Supplementary resources are subject to copyright. Lecturers are permitted to view, print or download these resources for use in their teaching, but may not change them or use them for commercial gain.
If you are having problems accessing these resources please contact email@example.com.
Sorry, this resource is locked
Please register or sign in to request access. If you are having problems accessing these resources please email firstname.lastname@example.orgRegister Sign in
You are now leaving the Cambridge University Press website. Your eBook purchase and download will be completed by our partner www.ebooks.com. Please see the permission section of the www.ebooks.com catalogue page for details of the print & copy limits on our eBooks.Continue ×