This book is intended as an elementary introduction to differential manifolds. The authors concentrate on the intuitive geometric aspects and explain not only the basic properties but also teach how to do the basic geometrical constructions. An integral part of the work are the many diagrams which illustrate the proofs. The text is liberally supplied with exercises and will be welcomed by students with some basic knowledge of analysis and topology.
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Date Published: September 1982
- format: Paperback
- isbn: 9780521284707
- length: 172 pages
- dimensions: 229 x 152 x 10 mm
- weight: 0.26kg
- availability: Available
Table of Contents
1. Manifolds and differentiable structures
2. Tangent space
3. Vector bundles
4. Linear algebra for vector bundles
5. Local and tangential properties
6. Sard's theorem
8. Dynamical systems
9. Isotopy of embeddings
10. Connected sums
11. Second order differential equations and sprays
12. The exponential map and tubular neighbourhoods
13. Manifolds with boundary
Index of symbols
Sorry, this resource is locked
Are you sure you want to delete your account?
This cannot be undone.
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×