Originally published in 1916, this book was written to provide readers with a concise account of the leading properties of quartic surfaces possessing nodes or nodal curves. A brief summary of the leading results discussed in the book is included in the form of an introduction. This book will be of value to anyone with an interest in quartic surfaces, algebraic geometry and the history of mathematics.
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Date Published: March 2016
- format: Paperback
- isbn: 9781316601815
- length: 236 pages
- dimensions: 216 x 139 x 15 mm
- weight: 0.33kg
- availability: Available
Table of Contents
1. Quartic surfaces with isolated singular points
2. Desmic surfaces
3. Quartic surfaces with a double conic
4. Quartic surfaces with a nodal conic and additional nodes
5. The cyclide
6. Surfaces with a double line: Plücker's surface
7. Quartic surfaces with an infinite number of conics: Steiner's surface: the quartic monoid
8. The general theory of rational quartic surfaces
9. Determinant surfaces
Index of subjects
Index of authors.
Sorry, this resource is locked
Please register or sign in to request access. If you are having problems accessing these resources please email firstname.lastname@example.orgRegister Sign in
You are now leaving the Cambridge University Press website. Your eBook purchase and download will be completed by our partner www.ebooks.com. Please see the permission section of the www.ebooks.com catalogue page for details of the print & copy limits on our eBooks.Continue ×
Are you sure you want to delete your account?
This cannot be undone.
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×