Professional English in Use Medicine
Professional English in Use Medicine contains 60 units covering a wide variety of medical vocabulary. Topics include diseases and symptoms, investigations, treatment, examining and prevention. The book also introduces general medical vocabulary related to parts and functions of the body, medical and para-medical personnel, education and training, research, and presentations.
Professional English in Use Medicine has been carefully researched using the Institute for Applied Language Studies medical corpus and is a must for teachers of medical English and for medical practitioners who need to use English at work, either in their own country or abroad.
- Successful 'in Use' format.
- Covers a wide variety of medical vocabulary that gives learners the confidence and ability to function in English in a medical environment.
- Informed by the Institute for Applied Language Studies medical corpus.
- 'Over to you' sections allow learners to apply the vocabulary they learn to their own studies and working lives.
- Includes coverage of functional language and communication skills such as Discussing treatment and Giving bad news give students valuable practice.
From the World of Better Learning
We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties. We expect to be up and running again soon; we are sorry for any inconvenience caused.
Also in this subject
Cambridge English for Job-hunting
Student's Book with Audio CDs (2)
A short self-study or classroom course (40-60 hours) for professionals and students who need to apply for jobs in English.Author: Colm DownesEnglish Type: British EnglishCEF Level: B2 - C2Publication date: November 2008
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×