- Author(s):Simon C. Smith
- Available from: June 1998
An engaging range of period texts and theme books for AS and A Level history.
Send a Query×
The AS textbooks are ideal for students who have never studied the history of these periods before. they provide detailed background information on the period studied, and include notes explaining key terms, lists of significant dates, and focus questions to consolidate learning.
All of the AS titles have been endorsed by OCR for use with their AS specification for history, and several of the titles will also be appropriate for Edexcel and AQA study units.
Many of the books include a seperate document section, where students can study and evaluate a range of source material.
Shorter themed books explore particular topics in greater depth. The topics examined can be linked with the period covering foundation texts, providing students and teachers with flexibillity in structuring A Level courses.
- 1. The Seven Years War and the crisis in North America
- 2. Establishment of empire in Asia and the Pacific
- 3. Self-determination in the colonies of European settlement
- 4. Humanitarianism, anti-slavery and missionary activity
- 5. Rule and response in nineteenth-century India
- 6. Imperialism and nationalism in India
- 7. Britain's imperial century, 1815-1914
- 8. Challenge to imperial authority: South Africa and Ireland
- 9. The British Empire in the Middle East
- 10. End of Empire: Africa.
Latest newsAll news
13 November 2019
Three approaches to differentiation in primary science
Try these out in your class wherever you are in the curriculum.
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×