- Subject(s):Teaching Practice and Professional Development
- Author(s):Robert J. Balfour
- Available from: September 2015
A collaborative series with the University of Cambridge Faculty of Education, drawing practical insights from international research. The Cambridge Education Research series publishes in three strands. The Teacher Education strand provides a re-examination of aspects of national and international teacher education systems or analysis of contextual examples of innovative practice. The International Education Reform strand examines the global and country-specific moves to reform education and teacher development. Books in the Language Education strand address the multilingual context of education in different national and international settings.
Send a Query×
Education in South Africa: Crisis and Change tracks progress over twenty years of South African education reform, detailing policy change and the impact of changes on schooling in terms of the integration of schools and the development curricula. Education in South Africa: Crisis and Change also examines the implications upon education in South Africa as it moved away from the race hierarchies of the apartheid period, and towards the ideals of race integration and the creation of a non-sexist and non-racist Rainbow Nation.Transformation, as the overt educational and political purpose of reform initiatives in South Africa, is unpacked in terms of a focus on funding, language education, and gender and diversity in schooling as well as university education.
Tracks progress over the last 20 years, detailing policy change and the impact of changes on schooling in terms of the integration of schools and the development of curricula.
Transformation is unpacked in terms of a focus on funding, language education, and gender and diversity in schooling as well as university education.
- Part One Chapter 1 Schooling in Africa
- Chapter 2 Teacher Education in South Africa: Part of the problem or part of the solution?
- Chapter 3 University reform: Access, integration, success and research
- Chapter 4 Technical, vocational and further education and training in South Africa
- Part Two Transformation for equality of recognition and provision in education
- Chapter 5 Gender and diversity in education transformation
- Chapter 6 Language, education and transformation
- Chapter 7 Funding education in South Africa: Schools, universities, colleges and students
Latest newsAll news
18 April 2019
Tips for developing students as independent learners
Marilyn Rankin, one of the authors of English Language for Cambridge International AS & A...
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×