Availability: In stock
- Format:Mixed media product
- Subject(s):English as a Second Language
- Qualification:Cambridge IGCSE
- Author(s):Peter Lucantoni
- Available from: July 2014
Introduction to English as a Second language is a course to prepare students studying for Cambridge IGCSE® or equivalent level. Presented in a colourful design and offering clear, practical support for students it follows a variety of interesting themes and topics, with a focus on skills development in listening, speaking, reading and writing. Each of the 18 units provides opportunities for thinking and discussion, along with developing research and study skills. An audio CD is included for use with the listening activities.
Availability: In stock
Send a Query×
Introduction to English as a Second Language is a course to prepare students for studying at IGCSE or equivalent level. Presented in a colourful updated design and offering clear, practical support for students, it follows a variety of interesting themes and topics, with a focus on skills development: listening, speaking, reading and writing. Each unit provides opportunities for thinking and discussion, along with developing research and study skills. Furthermore, each unit has a specific language-focus section to revise and consolidate key areas of language awareness and activities for vocabulary building. Audio CD is included for use with the listening activities.
- Part 1. The World around Us: Unit 1. How many planets are there in space?
- Unit 2. What's a living creature?
- Unit 3. What's a hurricane?
- Unit 4. Are there any monsters in the ocean?
- Unit 5. What's an ecosystem?
- Unit 6. Can bees scare elephants?
- Unit 7. Can penguins see underwater?
- Unit 8. How hot are chilli peppers?
- Part 2. Human Endeavour: Unit 9. Who was Ibn Battuta?
- Unit 10. What's the best job for a teenager?
- Unit 11. Who are the Maasai?
- Unit 12. What does a triathlete do?
- Unit 13. How much water do you use?
- Unit 14. How important is oil?
- Unit 15. How do you say bridge in your language?
- Unit 16. Where are the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World?
- Unit 17. What impact does fashion have on teenagers?
- Unit 18. What does that sign mean?
- Appendix 1. Audioscripts of accompanying CD
- Appendix 2. Paired texts.
All our supporting resources, like audio files and answer sheets, have now moved to Cambridge GO – the new home for all your Cambridge digital content. Go to Cambridge GO to register and access files for any of your Cambridge titles. If you already have an account, just log in and go to ‘add new resources’.Access resources in Cambridge GO
Found 1 result
- File name
- File size
- Zip Archive
Advice on useful tools, activities and timetabling from teachers experiencing school closures.Read more
All our supporting resources have now moved to Cambridge GO – the new home for your Cambridge digital content.Find out more
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×