- Subject(s):Teacher Development
- Author(s):Stuart Shaw, Helen Imam, Sarah Hughes
- Available from: October 2015
In collaboration with Cambridge Assessment International Education, the Cambridge Teacher series offers practical guidance and innovative teaching approaches to those looking to develop their classroom practice.
Send a Query×
Language Rich: Insights from Multilingual Schools focuses on learning and assessment through a second language, as well as pedagogic approaches which support the first language.The international quest for an English-medium education can cause anxieties about achievement through English, the second language for many students, as well as about the maintenance of first languages. Language Rich is a ground-breaking book that can help schools internationally to turn the demand for English into an opportunity for bilingualism.Cambridge International Examinations shares its programme of research to reveal the hidden richness of bilingualism in schools and emerging practices of bilingual education. The research has led to practical initiatives, including a bilingual survey tool which is shared in the book for schools to consider as a means of self-analysis.
Positive and practical insights: Helps international schools to turn the demand for English into an opportunity for bilingualism
Academic and practical usage: Both a ‘top-down’ and ‘bottom-up approach’ to research
Collaborative: Schools around the globe reveal their multilingual practices and opinions
- Chapter 1 Perspective on bilingualism and bilingual education
- Chapter 2 Bilingualism and bilingual education: A review of the literature
- Chapter 3 Key issues in bilingualism and bilingual education relevant to this research
- Chapter 4 Findings from the language use and bilingual education surveys
- Chapter 5 Outcomes: Confirmed expectations and new insights
- Chapter 6 Using Cambridge language awareness research to inform practice
- Chapter 7 Initiatives to support bilingual learners
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×