- Qualification:Cambridge AS and A Level
- Author(s):David Hopkins, Harold Randall
- Available from: September 2017
- Notes: Not available for credit card purchase. Please contact Customer Services.
This revised set of resources for Cambridge International AS and A Level Accounting syllabus (9706) is thoroughly updated for the latest version of the curriculum.
Send a Query×
Written by experienced authors, this coursebook unpacks accounting concepts in an engaging and accessible style. With clear definitions of up-to-date terminology, this resource is ideal for learners with a wide range of abilities, including those whose first language is not English. Practical walkthroughs illustrate the application of key accounting policies and practices, and activities reinforce knowledge and build analytical and evaluation skills. At the end of each chapter there are opportunities to practice multiple-choice and structured questions to help prepare students for their assessment.
Activities throughout the chapters build the key skills required by the assessment objectives - application, analysis and evaluation.
Practical walkthroughs illustrate the application of key accounting policies and practices to reinforce understanding.
Exam-style questions at the end of each chapter help to prepare students for multiple-choice and structured questions in their assessment.
Key definitions of the latest accounting terminology alongside relevant text to aid student understanding.
Top tips offer handy advice, dos and don’ts and point out common errors.
- 1. Introduction
- Part 1. The accounting system: 1. Double-entry bookkeeping: cash transactions
- 2. Double-entry bookkeeping: credit transactions
- 3. Books of prime (or original) entry
- 4. Balancing accounts
- 5. The classification of accounts and division of the ledger
- 6. The trial balance
- Part 2. Financial accounting: 7. Income statements for sole traders
- 8. Statements of financial position for sole traders
- 9. Accounting principles or concepts
- 10. Accruals and prepayments (the matching concept)
- 11. Provisions for the depreciation of non-current assets
- 12. Irrecoverable and doubtful debts
- 13. Bank reconciliation statements
- 14. Control accounts
- 15. Suspense accounts
- 16. Incomplete records
- 17. Partnership accounts
- 18. Partnership changes
- 19. An introduction to the accounts of limited companies
- 20. Manufacturing accounts
- 21. Not-for profit organisations (clubs and societies)
- 22. Published company accounts
- 23. Statements of cash flows
- 24. Business purchase and mergers
- 25. Consignment and joint venture accounts
- 26. Computerised accounting systems
- 27. Analysis and communication of accounting information
- Part 3. Cost and elements of managerial accounting: 28. Costing for materials, labour and overheads
- 29. Unit, job and batch costing
- 30. Marginal costing
- 31. Activity-based costing (ABC)
- 32. Budgeting and budgetary control
- 33. Standard costing
- 34. Investment appraisal
All our supporting resources, like audio files and answer sheets, have now moved to Cambridge GO – the new home for all your Cambridge digital content. Go to Cambridge GO to register and access files for any of your Cambridge titles. If you already have an account, just log in and go to ‘add new resources’.Access resources in Cambridge GO
Found 1 result
- File name
- File size
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×