The Films of Federico Fellini examines the career of one of Italy's most renowned filmmakers through close analysis of five masterpieces that span his career: La Strada, La Dolce Vita, 8 1/2, Amarcord and Interview. Providing an overview of Fellini's early career as a cartoonist and scriptwriter for neorealist directors such as Roberto Rossellini, this study traces the development of Fellini's unique and personal cinematic vision as it transcends Italian neorealism. Rejecting an overtly ideological approach to Fellini's cinema, Bondanella emphasizes the director's interest in fantasy, the irrational and individualism.Read more
- Interprets Fellini's major films
- Offers accessible, jargon-free introduction to the renowned Italian director
- Presents Fellini as the champion of a personal, poetic cinema that opposes contemporary ideology and privileges the emotions as a valid means of knowing
Reviews & endorsements
'… lucid, informative prose …' The Times Literary Supplement
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Date Published: January 2002
- format: Paperback
- isbn: 9780521575737
- length: 220 pages
- dimensions: 229 x 152 x 13 mm
- weight: 0.32kg
- contains: 42 b/w illus.
- availability: Available
Table of Contents
1. Federico Fellini: a life in the cinema
2. La Strada: the cinema of poetry and the road beyond neorealism
3. La Dolce Vita: the art film spectacular
4. 8 1/2: the celebration of artistic creativity
5. Amarcord: nostalgia and politics
6. Interview: a summation of a cinematic career
A Fellini Filmography: principal credits
Selected bibliography on Federico Fellini.
Sorry, this resource is locked
Please register or sign in to request access. If you are having problems accessing these resources please email firstname.lastname@example.orgRegister Sign in
You are now leaving the Cambridge University Press website. Your eBook purchase and download will be completed by our partner www.ebooks.com. Please see the permission section of the www.ebooks.com catalogue page for details of the print & copy limits on our eBooks.Continue ×
Are you sure you want to delete your account?
This cannot be undone.
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×