- English Language Learning
- Јазични вештини
- Writers at Work
Writers at Work
The Writers at Work series prepares ESL students to tackle academic essay writing.
Writers at Work is a four-level series that provides high beginning to high intermediate students with a solid foundation in writing skills. The lowest level in the series starts by teaching sentence construction and ends by teaching the basics of paragraph writing. The second level in the series further develops students’ ability to write a single paragraph with a topic sentence and supporting sentences. The third level teaches multi-paragraph writing, in which several main ideas are supported over several paragraphs. Finally, the fourth book in the series introduces students to formal academic essay writing. Each Student's Book includes access to Writing Skills Interactive, an online course with instruction and practice across a range of discrete writing skills.
- Each book in the series takes students through the same five-step process: gathering ideas, composing, revising, editing, and sharing of the finished product
- Prewriting strategies that help students gather and organize their ideas
- Writing instruction that ensures that students provide adequate support for their main ideas
- A multi-drafting approach that stresses the importance of the revision process
- Editing activities that help students notice and correct key grammar and punctuation errors
- Teacher support material includes Teacher's Manuals with teaching suggestions and a complete answer key and free photocopiable practice activities and tests
See it now
Get an eSample of Writers at Work that will allow you to view a product preview on your desktop.Free sample
From the World of Better Learning
We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties. We expect to be up and running again soon; we are sorry for any inconvenience caused.
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×