- English Language Learning
- Методика, усовршување и истражување
- Examining Speaking
Research and Practice in Assessing Second Language Speaking
This edited volume develops a theoretical framework for validating tests of second language ability. The chapter authors show how an understanding and analysis of the framework and its components can assist test developers to operationalise their tests more effectively, especially in relation to the key criteria that differentiate one proficiency level from another.
The book provides an up-to-date review of the relevant literature on assessing speaking, an accessible and systematic description of the different proficiency levels in second language speaking and a comprehensive and coherent basis for validating tests of speaking.
It will be of considerable interest to examination boards who wish to validate their own speaking tests in a systematic and coherent manner, as well as to academic researchers and graduate students in the field of language assessment more generally.
- Includes up-to-date review of relevant literature on assessing reading.
- Provides a coherent framework for validating tests/exams of speaking.
- Is the first systematic attempt to describe the different proficiency levels in speaking in a second language.
- Combines theoretical insights and practical advice.
- Helps readers to validate own exams in a systematic and coherent fashion.
- Provides stakeholders in the language testing community with a clearer picture of different levels of proficiency in speaking.
From the World of Better Learning
We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties. We expect to be up and running again soon; we are sorry for any inconvenience caused.
Also in this subject
Narrative Research in Applied Linguistics
This book brings together contributions from various researchers, providing an overview of narrative research approaches and demonstrating how these work in practice.Author: Gary BarkhuizenEnglish Type: British English
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×