Looking for an inspection copy?
This title is not currently available for inspection. However, if you are interested in the title for your course we can consider offering an inspection copy. To register your interest please contact firstname.lastname@example.org providing details of the course you are teaching.
Originally published in 1955, on behalf of the Institute of Actuaries and the Faculty of Actuaries, this book forms the first of two volumes on actuarial practice in relation to mortality and other investigations. Taken together, both volumes were written to meet the requirements of the Examination Syllabus of the Institute of Actuaries. Volume one provides 'elementary accounts of the derivation of mortality and other rates according to age, of the smoothing of such rates and of the construction of Mortality and Sickness Tables'. This book will be of value to anyone with an interest in the development of actuarial practice.
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Date Published: April 2016
- format: Paperback
- isbn: 9781316603635
- length: 176 pages
- dimensions: 218 x 140 x 10 mm
- weight: 0.25kg
- availability: Available
Table of Contents
2. One-year group mortality rates
3. One-year mortality rates analysed by age and by duration
4. Combination of two or more years of experience
5. Adjustments for new entrants and leavers
6. Sickness and other rates
7. The principles of graduation and the graphic method
8. Pivotal values, osculatory interpolation and abridged life tables
9. The English life tables
Sorry, this resource is locked