- Format:Multiple copy pack
- Author(s):Gill Budgell, Kate Ruttle
- Available from: December 2015
Penpals for Handwriting is a complete handwriting scheme for 3–11 year olds.
Send a Query×
The Year 1 Penpals for Handwriting Workbook introduces letters used within context, without joins. The workbooks provide opportunities for additional guided practice of the unit’s handwriting focus and link it to a relevant grammar, punctuation or spelling focus to provide meaningful contextualised practice. The disposable two-colour write-in Workbooks are sold in packs of 10.
Offers children the opportunity to consolidate letter formation and introduces the four families of join.
Units provide appropriate coverage of Year 1 GPS content, for example punctuation marks, lower case and capitals, and using simple verbs.
Links to common exception words to reinforce essential learning.
Reinforces work on phonics.
Supported by lively illustrations.
- Term 1 1 Punctuation: full stop and exclamation mark 2 Grammar: sorting words I see, I do 3 Punctuation: matching lowercase and capitals 4 Grammar: prefix un– unpack, unplug, unfit, unlock 5 Spelling: common exception words my, the, put 6 Punctuation: matching lowercase and capitals 7 Spelling: adding s to make plural nouns 8 Spelling: of and off
- punctuation: question mark 9 Spelling: counting syllables 10 Punctuation: matching lowercase and capitals Term 2 11 Grammar: selecting pronouns
- Punctuation: full stop and question mark 12 Spelling: compound words 13 Grammar: add s or es to make plurals 14 Spell Spelling: common exception words was, with, were, very 15 Punctuation: capitals for names 16 Spelling: matching numerals and number words – zero to nine 17 Grammar: identifying nouns and writing plurals 18 Grammar: adding er and est to adjectives 19 Grammar: adding ing and ed to verbs 20 Spelling: writing the days of the week Term 3 21 Spelling: matching numerals to number words – ten to twenty 22 Punctuation: full stop and question mark 23 Grammar: adding ing to verbs 24 Spelling: making sets of rhyming words 25 Spelling: compound words 26 Grammar: wh words
- Punctuation: question marks 27 Grammar: ordering words in a sentence
- Punctuation: full stop, question mark and exclamation mark 28 Grammar: making plurals 29 pelling: identifying different pronunciations of ow 30 Grammar: close activity
- Punctuation: full stop, question mark and exclamation mark
Latest newsAll news
17 June 2019
Unlocking science for English language learners
How to cover speaking, listening, reading and writing skills for ESL learners in your science...
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×