- Format:Mixed media product
- Subject(s):English as a Second Language
- Qualification:Cambridge IGCSE
- Author(s):Peter Lucantoni
- Available from: No date available
Introduction to English as a Second language is a course to prepare students studying for Cambridge IGCSE® or equivalent level. Presented in a colourful design and offering clear, practical support for students it follows a variety of interesting themes and topics, with a focus on skills development in listening, speaking, reading and writing. Each of the 18 units provides opportunities for thinking and discussion, along with developing research and study skills. An audio CD is included for use with the listening activities.
Send a Query×
Introduction to English as a Second Language is a course to prepare students for studying at IGCSE or equivalent level. Presented in a colourful updated design and offering clear, practical support for students, it follows a variety of interesting themes and topics, with a focus on skills development: listening, speaking, reading and writing. Each unit provides opportunities for thinking and discussion, along with developing research and study skills. Furthermore, each unit has a specific language-focus section to revise and consolidate key areas of language awareness and activities for vocabulary building. Audio CD is included for use with the listening activities.
- Part 1. The World around Us: Unit 1. How many planets are there in space?
- Unit 2. What's a living creature?
- Unit 3. What's a hurricane?
- Unit 4. Are there any monsters in the ocean?
- Unit 5. What's an ecosystem?
- Unit 6. Can bees scare elephants?
- Unit 7. Can penguins see underwater?
- Unit 8. How hot are chilli peppers?
- Part 2. Human Endeavour: Unit 9. Who was Ibn Battuta?
- Unit 10. What's the best job for a teenager?
- Unit 11. Who are the Maasai?
- Unit 12. What does a triathlete do?
- Unit 13. How much water do you use?
- Unit 14. How important is oil?
- Unit 15. How do you say bridge in your language?
- Unit 16. Where are the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World?
- Unit 17. What impact does fashion have on teenagers?
- Unit 18. What does that sign mean?
- Appendix 1. Audioscripts of accompanying CD
- Appendix 2. Paired texts.
Found 1 results
- File name
- File size
- Zip Archive
Latest newsAll news
29 August 2019
Unlocking science for English language learners, part three
Top tips to help your learners improve their scientific vocabulary.
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×