- Subject(s):Global Perspectives
- Qualification:Cambridge Checkpoint
- Author(s):Keely Laycock
- Available from: No date available
This series has been developed for the Cambridge Lower Secondary Global Perspectives Curriculum Framework (1129).
Send a Query×
This learner's skills book for Stage 7 has been created to help students develop key 21st century skills. Written by experienced teacher and author, Keely Laycock, students are encouraged to reflect on topics at a personal, national and global level, while developing skills for their future in a scaffolded and measurable way. Produced with feedback from teachers and students all around the world, teachers will benefit from a flexible resource that they can tailor to their classroom needs.
A large collection of collaborative and independent activities engages students and makes learning visible in the classroom.
Peer assessment opportunities help improve collaboration and reflection.
Self-assessment opportunities for every skill allows students to look back and see how they’ve progressed.
Questions drive student thinking and surface understanding – such as ‘what do you think the term “research” means?’ and ‘write down what you found difficult last lesson and one way that you can overcome this difficulty’.
Six sections develop key skills for evaluation, reflection, analysis, research, collaboration and communication.
Clear learning goals at the start of every section highlight the assessment objectives.
Tried and tested activities used in classrooms around the world are also included.
- Section 1. Research: Starting with research skills 1
- Starting with research skills 2
- Starting with research skills 3
- Developing research skills 4
- Developing research skills 5
- Developing research skills 6
- Getting better at research skills 7
- Getting better at research skills 8
- Getting better at research skills 9
- Section 2. Analysis: Starting with analysis skills 1
- Starting with analysis skills 2
- Starting with analysis skills 3
- Developing analysis skills 4
- Developing analysis skills 5
- Developing analysis skills 6
- Getting better at analysis skills 7
- Getting better at analysis skills 8
- Getting better at analysis skills 9
- Section 3. Evaluation: Starting with evaluation skills 1
- Starting with evaluation skills 2
- Starting with evaluation skills 3
- Developing evaluation skills 4
- Developing evaluation skills 5
- Developing evaluation skills 6
- Getting better at evaluation skills 7
- Section 4. Reflection: Starting with reflection skills 1
- Starting with reflection skills 2
- Starting with reflection skills 3
- Developing reflection skills 4
- Developing reflection skills 5
- Developing reflection skills 6
- Getting better at reflection skills 7
- Getting better at reflection skills 8
- Getting better at reflection skills 9
- Chapter 5. Collaboration: Starting with collaboration skills 1
- Starting with collaboration skills 2
- Starting with collaboration skills 3
- Developing collaboration skills 4
- Developing collaboration skills 5
- Developing collaboration skills 6
- Getting better at collaboration skills 7
- Section 6. Communication: Starting with communication skills 1
- Starting with communication skills 2
- Starting with communication skills 3
- Developing communication skills 4
- Developing communication skills 5
- Developing communication skills 6
- Getting better at communication skills 7
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×