- Subject(s):Theory of Knowledge
- Qualification:IB Diploma
- Author(s):Richard van de Lagemaat
- Available from: No date available
Written by experienced practitioners this resource for Theory of Knowledge for the IB Diploma offers comprehensive coverage of and support for the new subject guide.
Send a Query×
This edition of Theory of Knowledge for the IB Diploma is fully revised for first examination in September 2015. This course book is a comprehensive, original, and accessible approach to Theory of Knowledge which covers all aspects of the revised subject guide. A fresh design ensures the content is accessible and user friendly and there is detailed guidance on how to approach the TOK essay and presentation. This edition supports the stronger emphasis on the distinction between personal and shared knowledge: religion and indigenous knowledge.
Increased support on the Assessment Criteria (Essays and Presentation).
Thorough and in-depth coverage of the subject using engaging language and illustrations.
Quotations, questions and exercises which prompt critical thinking and encourage active engagement with the material.
Each chapter ends with a summary of key points, knowledge framework focus (where appropriate), prescribed titles, suggestions for further reading.
Margin features which highlight linking questions, real-life situations, and key definitions.
- Part 1. Knowers and Knowing: 1. The problem of knowledge
- 2. The nature of knowledge
- 3. Personal and shared knowledge
- Part 2. Ways of Knowing: 4. Language
- 5. Sense perception
- 6. Reason
- 7. The emotions
- 8. Intuition
- 9. Imagination
- 10. Memory
- 11. Faith
- Part 3. Areas of Knowledge: 12. Mathematics
- 13. The natural sciences
- 14. The human sciences
- 15. History
- 16. The arts
- 17. Ethics
- 18. Religion
- 19. Cultural perspectives on knowledge
- Part 4. The Big Picture: 20. Truth and wisdom
- Part 5: Assessment: 21. The TOK essay
- 22. The TOK presentation
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×