The documentary style that dominates American photography had its origins in the social reform publicity campaigns of the turn of the century. This book traces the history of this genre and its main participants, including Jacob Riis, Lewis Hine, Walker Evans, Dorothea Lange, Ben Shahn, and Russell Lee.Read more
- Maren Stange extremely active scholar in the American Studies community.
- Well-known among those involved in documentary photography.
- HB of interest in American history, literature and art history scholars, and was widely reviewed by more popular and general photography press.
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Date Published: April 1992
- format: Paperback
- isbn: 9780521424295
- length: 208 pages
- dimensions: 253 x 178 x 12 mm
- weight: 0.509kg
- availability: Unavailable - out of print December 2000
Sorry, this resource is locked