- English Language Learning
- Business, Professional and Vocational
- Cambridge English for Engineering
Cambridge English for Engineering
Student's Book with Audio CDs (2)
1 Paperback, 2 CD-Audio
Cambridge English for Engineering develops the communication skills and specialist English language knowledge of engineering professionals, enabling them to communicate more confidently and effectively with colleagues and customers.
The ten standalone units cover topics common to all kinds of engineering (including civil, electrical and mechanical) such as procedures and precautions; monitoring and control; and engineering design. Authentic activities, from describing technical problems and suggesting solutions to working with drawings, make the course relevant and motivating.
The course requires no specialist knowledge on the part of the teacher and comprehensive teacher's notes are available online. It is also ideal for self-study.
- A regular focus on technical and semi-technical vocabulary enables learners to become familiar with and practise using the specialist language they need for work.
- Authentic texts and realistic tasks help prepare learners for their everyday working lives.
- An emphasis on listening and speaking helps learners to develop their communicative ability within this professional field.
- Extra practice material, photocopiable activities and teachers notes available online offer valuable support for teachers and self-study students.
From the World of Better Learning
We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties. We expect to be up and running again soon; we are sorry for any inconvenience caused.
Also in this subject
SMCP Training for Seafarers
This CD-ROM provides thorough practice of the International Maritime Organisation's Standard Marine Communication Phrases (IMO SMCPs).Authors: Stephen Murrell, Peter Nagliati, Captain Stefano CanestriEnglish Type: International EnglishCEF Level: A1 - B1Publication date: May 2009
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×