Professional English in Use Medicine
Professional English in Use Medicine contains 60 units covering a wide variety of medical vocabulary. Topics include diseases and symptoms, investigations, treatment, examining and prevention. The book also introduces general medical vocabulary related to parts and functions of the body, medical and para-medical personnel, education and training, research, and presentations.
Professional English in Use Medicine has been carefully researched using the Institute for Applied Language Studies medical corpus and is a must for teachers of medical English and for medical practitioners who need to use English at work, either in their own country or abroad.
- Successful 'in Use' format.
- Covers a wide variety of medical vocabulary that gives learners the confidence and ability to function in English in a medical environment.
- Informed by the Institute for Applied Language Studies medical corpus.
- 'Over to you' sections allow learners to apply the vocabulary they learn to their own studies and working lives.
- Includes coverage of functional language and communication skills such as Discussing treatment and Giving bad news give students valuable practice.
Also in this subject
Cambridge English for Nursing Pre-intermediate
Student's Book with Audio CD
A short self-study or classroom course (40-60 hours) for nurses who need to use English in the workplace.Authors: Virginia Allum, Patricia McGarrEnglish Type: British EnglishCEF Level: A2 - B1Publication date: March 2010
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×