- Author(s):Frank McDonough
- Available from: No date available
An engaging range of period texts and theme books for AS and A Level history.
Send a Query×
The twelve years, from 1933 to 1945, when Adolf Hitler was dictator of Nazi Germany stand out as one of the most remarkable periods in the history of the twentieth century. In many books on this subject, the personality of Hitler is so dominant that significant political, social, economic and international developments often retreat into the background. In this book Frank McDonough explains the dramatic history of the Nazi period within a wider context. By isolating key problem areas within current historical debates and by including a selection of primary source documents.
All of the AS titles have been endorsed by OCR for use with their AS specification for history, and several of the titles will also be appropriate for Edexcel and AQA study units.
Many of the books include a seperate document section, where students can study and evaluate a range of source material.
Shorter themed books explore particular topics in greater depth. The topics examined can be linked with the period covering foundation texts, providing students and teachers with flexibillity in structuring A Level courses.
- Sample Content
- 1. Adolf Hitler: early life, ideology and rise to power, 1889-1933
- 2. The Nazi state and economy
- 3. Inside Nazi Germany: social and cultural developments
- 4. Opposition and resistance inside Nazi Germany
- 5. Foreign policy: Hitler's road to war, 1933-39
- 6. Hitler at war, 1939-45
- 7. Mass murder under Nazi rule
- 8. The verdict of historians.
Found 1 results
- File name
- File size
Latest newsAll news
18 December 2018
Despite challenges, teachers would do it all again!
Earlier this year, we set out to hear exactly what it’s like to work in...
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×