The Cambridge Academic Content Dictionary defines the vocabulary students need to succeed in high school and beyond.
Its entries include more than 2,000 key vocabulary items from the content areas of math, the arts, chemistry, earth science, physics, American and world history, social studies, language arts, and other disciplines, as well as the more general vocabulary used in academic writing and speech, such as "analyze," "derive," and "subsequent." The dictionary also provides full coverage of the everyday words and phrases students need to know. It is based on extensive Corpus research and developed with the needs of English learners in mind.
- Easy-to-understand definitions make the meanings clear.
- Subject labels make it easy to find content-area vocabulary.
- General academic vocabulary labels show which words are the building blocks of academic writing.
- Full-sentence examples show how English is really used.
- Usage notes help students avoid common mistakes.