- Format:Print/online bundle
- Qualification:Cambridge AS and A Level
- Author(s):David Sang, Graham Jones, Gurinder Chadha, Richard Woodside
- Available from: No date available
- Notes: Not available for credit card purchase. Please contact Customer Services.
Fully revised and updated content matching the Cambridge International AS & A Level Physics syllabus (9702).
Send a Query×
The Cambridge International AS and A Level Physics Coursebook with CD-ROM and Cambridge Elevate enhanced edition offers flexible and comprehensive coverage of the full syllabus as well as extra enhancements to really bring the subject to life. This Cambridge Elevate enhanced edition of the coursebook provides a wealth of learning opportunities through auto-marked formative assessment quizzes with tailored feedback, carefully selected animated videos to visualise challenging concepts, exam-style questions and more.
Comprehensive print and digital coverage of the full syllabus with extra focus on practical skills and exam preparation.
Carefully selected animated videos aid understanding of challenging scientific concepts whilst bringing the content to life.
Auto-marked formative assessment quizzes with tailored feedback to incorrect answers which highlight common misconceptions, to ensure continual learning opportunities for students.
Exam-style questions at the end of every chapter allow students to practise and prepare for their examinations.
Cambridge Elevate editions are customisable and interactive, allowing students to annotate text, add audio notes and link out to external resources.
Additional materials including detailed answers to all questions, advice on revision and examinations and recommendations of extra resources are all available to download in the enhanced edition.
Available online and on tablet devices through the Cambridge Elevate app.
For information on how to use Cambridge Elevate editions and on supported devices please see inside the front cover.
- Coursebook: Introduction
- 1. Kinematics – describing motion
- 2. Accelerated motion
- 3. Dynamics – explaining motion
- 4. Forces – vectors and moments
- 5. Work, energy and power
- 6. Momentum
- 7. Matter and materials
- 8. Electric fields
- 9. Electric current, potential difference and resistance
- 10. Kirchhoff's laws
- 11. Resistance and resistivity
- 12. Practical circuits
- 13. Waves
- 14. Superposition of waves
- 15. Stationary waves
- 16. Radioactivity
- P1. Practical skills at AS level
- 17. Circular motion
- 18. Gravitational fields
- 19. Oscillations
- 20. Communications systems
- 21. Thermal physics
- 22. Ideal gases
- 23. Coulomb's law
- 24. Capacitance
- 25. Electronics
- 26. Magnetic fields and electromagnetism
- 27. Charged particles
- 28. Electromagnetic induction
- 29. Alternating currents
- 30. Quantum physics
- 31. Nuclear physics
- 32. Medical imaging
- P2. Planning, analysis and evaluation
- Appendix 1. Physical quantities and units
- Appendix 2. Data, formulae and relationships
- Appendix 3. The Periodic Table
- CD-ROM: Answers to all questions from coursebook
- Advice about revision and exam preparation
- Recommended resources.
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×