You have 0 items in your cart.
- Qualification:IB Diploma
- Author(s):Brenda Walpole, Ashby Merson-Davies, Leighton Dann, Peter Hoeben, Mark Headlee
- Available from: No date available
Biology for the IB Diploma, Second edition covers in full the requirements of the IB syllabus for Biology for first examination in 2016.
Send a Query×
The second edition of this well-received coursebook is fully updated for the IB Biology syllabus for first examination in 2016, comprehensively covering all requirements.Get the best coverage of the syllabus with clear assessment statements, and links to Theory of Knowledge, International-mindedness and Nature of Science themes. Exam preparation is supported with plenty of sample exam questions, online test questions and exam tips. Chapters covering the Options and Nature of Science, assessment guidance and answers to questions are included in the free online material available with the book.
Definitions of key terms provided in the text, and in a glossary at the back of the book.
Glossary at the back of the book.
Links to Theory of Knowledge, International-Mindedness and Nature of Science themes.
Written in accessible language.
Learning objectives emphasise the key content in each section.
Clear demarcation of Standard Level and Higher Level material.
Free additional online material, including Options chapters, practice questions and assessment guidance.
New digital versions of our textbooks are coming in 2015 and will offer an enriched learning experience through material such as animation, video and audio content, and/or self-marking quiz, assessment questions and personalisation of table of contents.
- Free resources
- 1. Cell biology
- 2. Molecular biology
- 3. Genetics
- 4. Ecology
- 5. Evolution and biodiversity
- 6. Human physiology
- 7. Nucleic acids HL
- 8. Metabolism, cell respiration and photosynthesis HL
- 9. Plant biology HL
- 10. Genetics and evolution HL
- 11. Animal physiology HL
- Answers to test yourself questions
- Option A. Neurobiology and behaviour
- Option B. Biotechnology and bioinformatics
- Option C. Ecology and conservation
- Option D. Human health and physiology
- Assessment guidance
- Model exam papers and mark schemes
- Nature of Science
- Answers to exam-style questions
- Answers to Options questions.
Advice on useful tools, activities and timetabling from teachers experiencing school closures.Read more
All our supporting resources have now moved to Cambridge GO – the new home for your Cambridge digital content.Find out more
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×