Cambridge Idioms Dictionary
Other available formats:
Temporarily unavailable - no date available
This new edition of the Cambridge Idioms Dictionary explains over 7,000 idioms current in British, American and Australian English, helping learners to understand them and use them with confidence.
* Fully updated with new idioms, e.g. think outside the box, play out of your skin, the new black
* New, attractive page layout with idioms in colour for easy reference
* Clear explanations and example sentences for every idiom
* Most common idioms highlighted so students know which to learn
* Topic section covering useful language areas, e.g. agreeing and disagreeing, telling stories
Also in this subject
Cambridge English Pronouncing Dictionary
New edition of the classic work by Daniel Jones includes up-to-date entries and new study pages.Authors: Daniel Jones, Peter Roach, Jane Setter, John EslingEnglish Type: International EnglishCEF Level: B2 - C2Publication date: October 2011
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×